Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 14: Book Whose Main Character You Want To Marry

Man, I have literally hundreds of book for which I could marry the main character. Female authors have a fantastic ability to create the perfect guy. Now only if they actually existed... For the book I choose, the main character is a female, but the person I chose is one of the other main characters, a guy... So here is the Gabe, the guy I wish to marry:

"Bamboo and Lace" by Lori Wick.


Shy, lovely Lily Walsh leaves her rural homeland, the tiny Asian country of Kashien, to visit her brother Jeff in Hawaii. Everything is new and exciting to Lily: grocery stores that overflow with food, chewing gum, coffee makers, and the luxury of hot showers. Most thrilling of all is Jeff's best friend, the handsome Hawaiian Gabriel Kapaia, who teaches her how to play tennis and golf, and encourages her to become more assertive. Despite her conservative father's disapproval, Lily falls in love with Gabe and must choose between pleasing a parent and following the tug of her heart.

   Yes, I know that Lily falls in love with Gabe, and the whole story would be ruined if I married him. But he is one of the sweetest guys Lori Wick writes about, not to mention a Christian and extremely handsome. Plus he is very family orientated, and works hard. Honestly, I would have to meet him first, but from this book, I could easily see myself falling for him.

=)

1 comment:

  1. Why is this book cover familiar? I think you must have talked about it before. He does sound very nice. The first person who comes to my mind is of course Mr. Darcy, but then again, who did he think he was in the beginning? I don't think I could get over that.

    ReplyDelete