Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 6: Favorite Young Adult Book

Now that I have both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings in this list, I can now mention one of my guilty pleasures. =) I really like reading a lot of young adult books. It really is a fun way to pass a few hours. Nothing too serious, but nothing super childish either. And I actually stumbled upon this book through a recommendation of one of my other guilty pleasure authors, Stephenie Meyer. So now, without further ado, my favorite young adult book is:

"The Hunger Games" trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


The Hunger Games follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, a girl from District 12 who volunteers for the 74th Hunger Games in place of her younger sister Prim. Also participating from District 12 is Peeta Mellark, a boy who loved Katniss the moment he laid eyes on her. As Katniss and Peeta battle the other tributes together, they pretend to be madly in love to gain favor with the audience. When the Gamemakers try to force the pair into a dramatic finale where one must kill the other to win, they threaten suicide and are subsequently both declared winners.


     I won't put the summaries of the other books, due to the fact that it gives away what happens in the first book. But I love theses books. Some romance, a little drama, action, adventure. It has everything. And I think you should all read it before the movie comes out. And for the record, I liked these books before they became popular. The 2nd and 3rd book wasn't out when I started. But I am glad they are popular again!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment