Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Glee Finale

So, I must admit. I am a huge Gleek. And all I can say is wow. This finale was all I imagined, yet nothing like what I pictured it to be.


All of the characters have such a rich background and wonderful stories, not to mention voices. Everyone plays such an integral role to the show. And even the minor characters make it such a wonderful show. I will miss it over the summer.

Though, my only complaint is with the celebrity judges. They made them seem rude and callous, which I find hard to believe. And if Josh Groban and Olivia Newton-John are actually like that, I don't really care for them. Which is a pity, since I love both of their voices, Josh Groban's especially.

As always, whenever they give Sue a heart, it nearly breaks mine. Of course, the only time they showed it in the past is with her sister, but I am glad she takes her role as an educator seriously.

Enough about Glee though. I just recently purchased the soundtrack to Eclipse. I am listening to it now, and I really like it. New Moon's soundtrack wasn't my favorite, but I loved Twilight's. I really can tell the different vibes of the music, just like the differences between the books. I suppose it makes sense. I will have to listen to the entire soundtrack a few more times, but it generally is growing on me. Not my usual type of music (I am a huge fan of Glee and music like it after-all) but it's pretty good. And even if you are not fans of the franchise, which I admit spoils the books, the soundtracks are really good. Don't knock them just because they are tied to the Twilight name.

I now must make a second point. I like Twilight. I also like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and other series like that. I actually love the books WAY better than the movies. The movies are good for a nice casual movie to watch, but the books are different. While HP and LOTR are literally masterpieces when it comes to the books, the Twilight Saga is like a Hershey candy bar, as my sister puts it. Not horrible, but not the finest thing ever either. It is cheap, and good for a quick bit of happiness. If Twilight is a Hershey bar, then HP is a Lindt chocolate, still accessible to the masses, but a little more special. And LOTR is a Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Really good, but not for everybody.

So that is all for today. Except for the news that I now am a guide for ChaCha, a free text message/call answering message, which is uber exciting, I had a pretty uneventful day.

Have fun! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment