Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Baaaa-aack!

Miss me? Of course you did! Well, probably not, but I can delude myself into thinking a thousand people are out there reading this, and totally missed me over the past few days. And a hectic few days it has been. Well, Monday night, we finished the office, but the cable still wasn't working. The cable guys was "supposed" to arrive Tuesday morning between 8 am and 10 am. So that means I woke up at 7:45 (UGH!) and went downstairs to wait. And wait. And wait. And wait some more. He never came.

So at 11 am, I called TWC, and asked them what was up. They apologized, and said they would call back with an approximate time of arrival. By 4 pm, they still had not shown up, nor had they called. So I called again. They said they would get an estimated time of arrival, and call back within 15 minutes. No call, no guy. At 7:45 pm, I called one last time. The guy, Steve, was some how able to do something Jennifer, Tina, and Brandi were not able to do. He fixed it! (Insert my sister quoting "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" at the part where Aunt Voula puts a flower pot into the center of the bunt cake and exclaims "You fixed it!) So we got internet back. Woot.

This morning, I had to wake up by 9 to get to the claim office to get an estimate to the damage on my car.... I was in an accident. And no, I was not to blame. I was driving down the Sam's Club parking lot aisle, when a lady in a tan SUV backs up and hits my passenger side front bumper. My first reaction when I saw her pulling out was to throw my car in reverse. My sister's first reaction was to scream at me to honk the horn. She honked it, but I was not able to reverse before she hit me. My poor baby now has a bent bracket in front of the wheel, and a damaged bumper. =( Luckily for me, I don't have to pay the almost grand to fix her. Woot for not being my fault!!!

So that's about it for now. I've been watching "Bones" and have become addicted to it. Great. Oooh, and I have set a goal for myself. I am going to listen/read 1 chapter of "Pride and Prejudice" every night. I have read the book multiple times before, but I thought I'd listen to it this time. I got a version for free from iTunes in the form of a podcast, so I'm pretty stoked!

Night, and sweet dreams!

=)

1 comment:

  1. You should read the recorded version I made of Pride and Prejudice!! That's so cool that you're doing that. I love that book.

    I can't believe you got in an accident and didn't tell us! I feel like a bad person for not having noticed it. I am so glad no one was hurt!

    And dude. Really, with the fail internet fixing story? Sigh. Sometimes I really wonder...

    ReplyDelete