Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 30 - A Picture of Someone You Miss

This is Bubbe, my step grandmother. She passed away way too early at the age of 48 in May, almost 3 years ago due to breast cancer she had been fighting ever since I could remember. She was an amazing woman, and I will always love and miss her. She was always an inspiration, even finishing her Bat Mitzvah the summer before she passed away. Having her die was one of the hardest moments in my life, as she was slightly younger than my own mother. She seemed like an aunt more than a grandmother, but she was wise beyond her years. I really miss my Bubbe, though everyone else knew her as Joni Singer. It was especially hard on my grandpa when she died. For a few months after she passed away, most of the cards we received had the word "and" written after his name, then crossed out. They were such a great couple. She was perfect for my gandpa. And when we went to their house during Christmas time, we would have presents under the treee, but also light tht Menorah. I love and miss you Bubbe, more than you'll ever know.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment